How can the halls and angles of such honest humanity be so pinched between sounds as elementary as these?
2. You need not be two stringent boughs of syllables nor weave your viney bones abreast these five petty letters, whirling in the fire of the river Styx. Do not attempt to peel yourself layer for layer, leaving all the disgust behind. Do not tally your body six lines too short, hemming the holes into puckers red as those volcanoes of strength bursting at the base of your hips.
3. Blood is not satisfaction. Blood is not patience, waiting for the rooms to empty and the faucet to coat and cover the silence. Blood is red cells breathing and white soldiers fighting and platelets healing, tugging sleeves back to illuminate the signs. It is not weakness nor relapse nor short-sightedness beleaguered within a tarnished state of mind. It is life peaking up through the concrete, like a(n) (in)carnation breaching the vine.
4. Tell yourself recovery is more than a pipe dream. Tell yourself ribs are the trophies of the emaciated masses and the blatantly dying; collarbones the handles on reality that will eventually snap. Tell yourself you are separate; you are alive.
You are not dying unless you relinquish your body to the jackals, refusing freedom even as it is spooned before you, not running but allowing yourself to be dragged, toe first, straight into the fire. You are not burning unless you forget how to feel the flame.
5. Fight back, even against me. Fight for the choice. Because you are not dying unless you lay your hands down, and even then I will lay my bones down beside yours, whisper
I have seen the things you have seen and
6. I will not tell you you are pretty.
7. I will tell you to fight your way back to just barely breathing and then a little beyond sleepy and a fraction beneath sick. Linger if you must, but fight for the centimeter and the ounce and the word(s).
I will take those words, package them, send them, bless them with crooked handwriting.
I will remind you 8. "you are pretty intelligent pretty creative pretty amazing"
Hello, I wanted to let you know I've used your lovely title in my newest Title Poem, 'your teeth leave different scars'. If you wanted to read it, the link is [link] - but this comment is really just to let you know how I've made use of your gorgeous title.
carefully.This is my
raffle. First one's
here's her prize:
This time, the
winner will get a
thigh-up similar to
these: Rules: You
have to be a watcher
of mine before this
journal was posted.
If you want to
want to make an
awesome tutorial for
your friends, and
anybody else who
might be interested
gning ...There are
some essentials you
are going to want to
keep in mind when
you make your
:Its not just a...
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More